What are monocrystalline solar panels and their uses?
The land of India receives almost five quadrillion kilowatt-hours of solar energy per year. This makes it a potential place to harness energy from this natural gift as much as possible, and the country’s people and government are even working to attend to this goal.
With huge projects of installment of solar plants and solar panels around the country placed itself in 4th position in terms of cumulative solar power installed capacity in 2021.
To do this, people have been using PV panels around, which leads to varieties of these panels available in the market with their advantages and disadvantages.
So here we would be talking about the monocrystalline solar panels, a quite popular and useful one in use.
What are monocrystalline solar panels?
These panels received their name from their constituent, which is used to construct them, as they are made from monocrystalline solar cells. The cells are made from a single crystal of silicon with high purity.
In this, the cylindrical ingots are sliced into wafer-form cells. These circular wafer cells are wired and cut into octagonal wafer cells to maximize their utility of these cells. This octagonal shape gives a unique look to the cells and color.
How do they work and function?
When sunlight falls on these panels, the cells absorb the solar energy and create an electric field after a complicated process. The energy produced can be used to power the devices that work on DC and be converted to AC when required through the solar inverter.
In simple terms, when sun rays hit the silicon semiconductor, energy is absorbed enough, can knock an electron forming a free flow that further helps create a free flow of electricity.
Why are monocrystalline panels best for harnessing solar energy?
- The pyramid pattern of the cells offers a large surface area, which gives more surface area for generating energy from sun rays.
- These cells are coated with silicon nitride, reducing the reflection and increasing absorption.
- The metal conductors which are printed on the cells are the places where generated electricity is stored.
- These panels have a very high efficiency of conversion of solar energy to electrical energy.
- These panels have high heat resistance, increasing their shelf life as they have the highest life of almost 30 yrs compared to their counter panels.
Their wide variety of applications.
These panels are used widely around the country for various uses because of their special features. (solar panels for home)
- These panels are widely used as rooftop solar panels in urban and rural areas for their higher efficiency.
- These are opted for huge projects to create a great amount of energy to operate various solar applications by installing these panels in huge uncultivated lands.
- It is greatly useful for both residential and commercial purposes.
- They are great for lighting up gardens, streets, and even areas grid lines cannot reach.
- Their long shelf life makes it a reliable choice as you don’t need to change these panels frequently as they cost a huge sum of money.
- They are space efficient and don’t require much space.
After this, one can easily see the benefits and special features of monocrystalline solar panels over others competitors. (solar panel price)
These panels can be more costly than the rest, but with the features it provides and the product’s quality, people can opt for long-term investment in the field of solar energy.
Now after reading and learning about all the benefits of monocrystalline solar panels. It would be a wise investment to harness solar energy through them.
So if you are looking for a place where you can find them, then we have a suggestion for you “Sunnovative,” a well-renowned company in the field of solar appliances which has gained the trust of its customer with its high-end quality product and great customer care service with the quality range within the purchasable price.