“UPNEDA” subsidy scheme in the residential solar rooftop in the Uttar Pradesh area.
India is a tropical nation with 300 days of sufficient sun radiation. Solar energy hasn’t been able to make a big contribution to India’s energy mix, though. As of April 2017, 12500 megawatts (or 6% of the installed 329 000 megawatt capacity) of the nation’s power is generated by solar PV systems. However, due to improved solar rooftop project economics and rising fossil fuel prices, the market for solar power is expected to expand dramatically.
The government of India has committed to producing 40% of the nation’s electricity from renewable sources by 2030, and part of that goal involves generating 100,000 megawatts of solar power by 2022, of which 40,000 megawatts will be attained through the construction of solar rooftop projects. Additionally, the National Tariff Policy Amendment from 2016 set a goal for solar energy to provide 8% of the overall state mix by 2021 (excluding hydropower generation).
What Does Uttar Pradesh’s Rooftop Solar Panel Subsidy Mean?
Simply defined, the UP government would provide a solar subsidy to any homeowner installing rooftop-based solar panel connections with a capacity of 1kW to 10kW.
On the capacity of solar systems, the government grants a particular subsidy amount. The following are the various ranges of subsidy rates:
- 40% subsidy for up to 3kW
- 20% subsidy from above 3kW to up to 10kW
- Over 10kW: No subsidy programme
The 3kW solar system is typically regarded as the best solar project installation for homes.
How Can Solar Panels Be Subsidized?
Residential property owners can easily obtain solar subsidies for the installation of rooftop solar panels. However, the MNRE department and the federal government both offer workable subsidy options for solar energy installation.
It’s now simpler than ever to receive financial assistance for solar panels with installed capacity. The concept is put into practise when people consider mounting solar panels on their roofs that receive no shade.
After contacting an Uttar Pradesh solar firm for a successful installation, you must then raise an application and submit it to the authority to request the stipulated amount of subsidy (as per UPERC guidelines)
Detailed Overview of Uttar Pradesh Solar Panel Prices
In UP, there are a few solar sellers with accreditation. They are invited to submit a proposal by the state government in order to obtain the greatest number of solar installation allocation rights.
The bid is won by the supplier who offers the solar system’s lowest price. In addition, this price is designated as L1 and is known as the state’s discovered price. There is no set pricing for solar panels in Uttar Pradesh. However, the cost typically ranges from 45,000 to 70,000 USD for each KW.
Here is an example:
- 1 kW: between 45,000 and 70,000;
- 2 KW: between 90,000 and 1,40,000;
- 3 KW: between 1,35,000 and 2,10,000;
- 4 KW: between 1,80,000 and 2,80,000;
- 5 KW: between 2,25,000 and 3,50,000
Purposes In order to establish solar power projects in the state, the Uttar Pradesh Solar Policy :
- Encourages private sector involvement and offers investment opportunities.
- Assist in supplying all people with inexpensive, environmentally friendly power.
- Promote innovation, research, and skill development within the State .
- By 2022, reach the goal of 8% Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (Solar RPO).
- Uttar Pradesh’s Solar Power Policy’s Activation Period
This policy will go into effect on the day it is issued and will be in effect for five (5) years, or until the government notifies the new policy, whichever comes first.
When the time is not specified for the complete useful life of the project, the Solar Power Projects (SPPs) that are started during the operative period will still be eligible for the incentives announced under this policy.
How to Apply for Solar Assistance?
You must give your power department important information, such as system data, manufacturer information for the solar panel and inverter, and more, after your net metering solar installation is complete.
There are two ways to submit an application for a solar connection: online and offline.
If you are part of the opposition in Uttar Pradesh, get in touch with the Power Distribution Company (DISCOM).
Here is a quick procedure you can use:
- Consult our solar engineering professionals.
- Inform them of your strategy.
- purchase and installation of a solar system.
- Request net metering.
- Send the authority your application.
- After 30 days, receive a solar subsidy.
Documents Needed for the Installation of Solar Systems in Uttar Pradesh
Only individual homeowners and housing societies in Uttar Pradesh are eligible for subsidies on solar systems compared to the cost of L1 solar panels. In India, commercial establishments are not given subsidies.
You must provide the following paperwork in order for the solar system installation in Uttar Pradesh to go smoothly:
- Aadhaar and PAN card copies that have been self-attested This serves as evidence of your identification.
- One passport-size, self-attested photo. The photo must be current.
- A recent electricity bill copy is useful for calculating your grid service power consumption.
- Your home’s most recent municipal tax receipt, which outlines your claim to the property.
Tips to make sure you qualify for solar subsidies in the UP in 2022:
- Indian-made solar panels For your rooftop solar system (RTS) to qualify for sector projects with subsidies, make sure the PV modules are made in your country. For Approved Models & Manufacturers of Solar Photovoltaic Modules, consult the ALMM list.
- On-grid solar energy systems In Uttar Pradesh and throughout India, only residential on-grid projects without battery backup are eligible for solar system subsidies. The price of solar batteries will not be included in the subsidy calculation if you decide to include them in your rooftop solar system (RTS).
- Your chosen registered/empanelled vendor must inspect the location of your desired solar installation in order to advise you on the rooftop solar system (RTS) capacity that is appropriate for your energy needs and location, taking into account the essential technical and economical criteria. In addition to setting up the net metering system and facilitating DISCOM inspection of the installed solar system, your vendor will assist you in obtaining the required approvals.
- Subsidy rates – Beneficiaries in all states and Union Territories are eligible for the same subsidies provided under the streamlined method for various system capabilities. Every year, it’s likely that the subsidy rates will change, and this will be appropriately announced on the national web.