Solar subsidy scheme for residential solar rooftops in the state of Rajasthan.
Advanced solar photovoltaic systems have transformed solar energy into more than just a resource to supplement our finite energy supplies. Solar power has a wealth of unrealized financial advantages for homeowners and enormous potential to fulfill the rising energy demand that is straining the public infrastructure.
Under the Solar Rooftop Programme Phase II programme, the Indian government has begun to subsidize the cost of household solar systems so that even modest-sized residences can access this clean and sustainable energy source. In reality, with the introduction of the National Portal for Rooftop Solar, the procedure for obtaining a subsidy on solar panels in Rajasthan and other states has been made even more straightforward.
The state government of Rajasthan has taken the initiative to offer financial support to those (homeowners and housing societies) wishing to install rooftop solar systems under the Solar Subsidy in Rajasthan 2022.
Rajasthan solar subsidy application process, 2022 :-
The actions below should be followed in order to apply for solar subsidy:
Step 1. Site analysis. Visit by an Engineer? book it here.
Step 2. System Capacity, Costing, and Performance Analysis
Step 3. Buy a solar system and install it in
Step 4. Apply for net metering
Step 5: After installing rooftop solar panels for 30 days, receive solar subsidies
Subsidy for solar panels in Rajasthan
Will you be installing solar panels on your roof? Rajasthan residents can apply for rooftop solar subsidies under the pan-India Rooftop Solar Programme Phase II initiative, which was launched by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE).
If you have been delaying your family solar project due to the high upfront solar expenditure, a subsidy can lessen the financial burden of your conversion to solar power. The National Portal for Rooftop Solar has strengthened the national subsidy programme, making solar energy more accessible to the residential, institutional, and social sectors. However, the initiative does not fund RTS installations in companies that operate in the public, private, or industrial sectors.
In accordance with the national simplified subsidy scheme, set subsidy rates were distributed among various slabs, which represented the various system capacities accessible for residential constructions. Based on the capacity of your rooftop solar system, this is an overview of the Central Financial Assistance (CFA)/Central Government Subsidy amount you can apply for. These subsidy rates are same throughout India’s states and union territories.
|Rooftop Solar System Capacity||% Based on System Capacity||Amount in ₹|
|1kW to 3kW||40%||14,588 per kW|
|Above 3kW, up to 10kW||20%||14,588 per kW for the first 3kW|
|7,294 per kW thereafter for the rest|
|Above 10kW||–||94,822 fixed|
|Group Housing Societies/Residential Welfare Associations (GHS/RWA)||20%, up to a 500 kW capacity||–|
Rajasthan’s Solar Panel Subsidy Effect
Governments across the nation are recognising the value of solar energy as a sustainable resource. Rajasthan’s solar panel subsidies would make it easier for individuals to adapt and switch from using non-renewable energy sources to solar power.
The following are some of the effects that the subsidies will have on Rajasthan:
- Employment will be created, and economies will grow.
- One of the main issues facing the economy is unemployment, which lowers the nation’s GDP. In Rajasthan, the unemployment rate is 27%. People will have the chance to find employment thanks to the subsidies. Any time of day can be used for solar electricity.
- Rajasthan is one of the many states where power outages are a significant problem. This problem will be solved by Rajasthan’s solar panel subsidies because solar panels enable 24/7 electricity use. favors a sustainable strategy
- The globe must make investments in the next generation and adopt a sustainable strategy. Utilizing green energy will help future generations conserve resources.
Solar panel cost list in Rajasthan
Even if the L1 price is used to determine solar subsidies in Rajasthan 2022, the cost of solar panels in Rajasthan fluctuates depending on a few distinct factors, including: – The manufacturing process used to create different solar panels; – The efficiency of different solar panels.
Additionally, the quality and performance of the modules are better the better the brand (panels). The price of the modules increases with their quality.
You must multiply the price range by the capacity to determine the price range for various capacities. These values are:
1 kW: between 45,000 and 70,000;
2 KW: between 90,000 and 1,40,000;
3 KW: between 1,35,000 and 2,10,000;
4 KW: between 1,80,000 and 2,80,000;
5 KW: between 2,25,000 and 3,50,000
Observe these pointers to make sure you’re eligible for a solar subsidy in Rajasthan in 2022:
- Indian-made solar panels Make sure you purchase locally manufactured solar PV modules in accordance with the streamlined subsidy procedure if you have made the decision to go solar and want to take advantage of the solar system subsidy in Rajasthan or anywhere else in India. Solar cells made in India must be used in the production of solar panels to qualify for the subsidy. You can choose the best solar panels from the Approved Models & Manufacturers of Solar Photovoltaic Modules by using the ALMM list.
- Solar subsidies are only available for on-grid solar systems (excluding solar batteries) installed for residential use in Rajasthan and other Indian states, according to the MNRE. To fully realise the potential of solar technology, homeowners are allowed to add solar batteries. However, under the streamlined subsidy structure, the price of solar batteries will not be taken into account for determining subsidies.
- Licensed/registered solar energy providers – The MNRE has published a list of solar vendors with empanelled status who have been screened and given permission to commission and install residential solar projects with financial assistance. In any RTS installation project, they must adhere to the minimal requirements and norms. Check with your local Distribution Utility (DISCOM) provider to see if the solar firms you are considering for your solar transition are registered.
The Whole Solar System Installation Process in Rajasthan
Applying for a solar subsidy on your anticipated installation of a grid-connected rooftop solar system has never been simpler thanks to the opening of the online site. To properly start the process under the solar rooftop subsidy yojana, the following is the whole procedure for applying for solar subsidy in Rajasthan or anyplace in India:
- Using the mobile number, email address, and other necessary information, you must first activate your beneficiary account on the National Solar Portal (https://solarrooftop.gov.in/).
- Once the account has been created, make a note of your login information and use it to access your account. There, you may quickly and easily submit your online application for a solar system subsidy in Rajasthan. Make sure to accurately enter the requested data and bank account information. Your local DISCOM firm will receive your subsidy application after it has been filed through the portal. The DISCOM is in charge of determining the technical viability of your planned RTS installation. Based on this, it will grant approval in accordance with the rules in effect in the state.
- Before installing your RTS system, wait for your technical feasibility approval. The aforementioned status will be updated on the site and you’ll be notified via email as well.
- You now possess the required authorization to launch your RTS system under the streamlined subsidy plan. All sponsored RTS installation projects must be completed by an empanelled vendor, according to the subsidy rules. You can submit all the necessary paperwork on the web portal once the installation is complete. Wait until a DISCOM representative comes to your location for a physical check and to install a net meter.
- The DISCOM authority will submit all the information on the portal following the successful conclusion of the physical inspection, resulting in the clearance of your subsidy amount. Your application will be affected by this status.
- The approved subsidy amount will now be deposited into your bank account within 30 days after installation, so you can relax.